Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Q and A with Sebastien Buemi

When Sebastien Buemi was first pencilled in by Scuderia Toro Rosso for this week's test at Jerez in Spain he had no idea that the run would give him the chance to try out race-winning machinery as be bids to land a race seat in Formula One.

After his day of testing for Toro Rosso in Jerez, the Swiss driver appears to have left senior team figures impressed but, as he tells autosport.com, he is taking nothing for granted about his prospects for 2009.

Q. How did the test with Toro Rosso go?

Q and A with Sebastien Buemi

Sebastien Buemi: It went well. We had a small issue in the morning with the rear suspension, so we had to stop. But we managed to find the problem and we could drive again and do the entire programme. So it was a good day. I was quite happy. We managed to do everything and be quite consistent towards the end of the day with the long runs.

Were you working on your own setup for the car, or were you given a programme by the team?

Q. SB: We had a part where we had a programme for the team, with constant speed and aero stuff. But there was still a bit of time to get me more into the car with the setup and do small things with the seat. Then we went with new tyres and did some changes, which made me understand the car.

Q. You've done some tests for Red Bull Racing. How does this car compare?

SB: There are not big changes between the cars, there are only small changes. There are small differences which make you have different grip, just get used to it. It is the same car in the end. It was good and not difficult to get used to it.

Q. Did you feel comfortable in the car?

SB: I am more comfortable in the Red Bull car at the moment because we were supposed to put my seat into the Toro Rosso and it didn't fit. So we had to do a new seat and we didn't really make a very good one. After the long run it was hurting my back and stuff like that.

Q. So what is the plan now? Are you fully focusing on getting into F1?

SB: My objective is for sure to be in F1 next season. On the first day I was feeling a bit of pressure about that, which was normal, but now it is over. I did my job.

Q. Do you think you did a good job?

SB: I think maybe with the new tyres it could have been a bit better, because I could not manage the last bit of the tyres. I think maybe the final tenths could have been a bit better, but my feedback and long runs with old tyres were good, I think. I don't know when we will get a decision, but we will know for sure.

Q. Are you excited by that?

SB: I am a bit excited, but I try to stay calm. I did my best, but maybe I will test again before they take a decision. So I have to wait and see.



  • Moments of magic propel Wizards
  • Ottawa to announce MLS expansion bid
  • No comments: