Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bourdais: Hard to enjoy team victory

Bourdais: Hard to enjoy team victory

Scuderia Toro Rosso's Sebastien Bourdais sais it was difficult for him to share in the joy of his team at claiming their first victory in Formula One because of his own disastrous race.

The Frenchman had qualified a career-best fourth on the grid, but lost a lap before the race had even properly got underway when the car stalled.

Teammate Sebastian Vettel, starting from pole position, went on to dominate the race to score his and Toro Rosso's maiden victory.

"It's very difficult to enjoy it with the team in these conditions," Bourdais told autosport.com. "I'm very happy for them but my race was a non-event.

"It looks like we were pretty much set for third place. I don't know if we could have set as good a pace as Sebastian, and I don't want to sound pretentious, but we would have been pretty close."

Bourdais said that he was puzzled by the problem which caused his car to stall and fail to join the queue behind the safety car as the race got underway.

"I couldn't put it in first gear, then when I dropped the clutch the car stalled," said Bourdais. "That never happens because of the anti-stall, but this time it did.

"So I pressed the release and the release button stayed down. So we couldn't put it back into gear and we went a lap down."



  • Bourdais: I’m closing the gap to Vettel
  • Highly motivated Hoops break out
  • No comments: