Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rosberg happy after return to points

Rosberg happy after return to points

Nico Rosberg was happy to return to the point-scoring positions at the European Grand Prix, ending a three-month drought.

The Williams driver, who had last finished in the points at the Turkish Grand Prix in May, completed a strong weekend at Valencia, winding up eighth.

"I'm pretty happy with that," he said. "It's good to be going home with a point today as it's been a long time since it happened. The race went quite well for me and I was giving it my all, driving what felt like qualifying laps one after the other.

"The result is also good for the team as it shows we are getting back on track. Once again, I would like to say that Valencia has done a great job here and the race was good fun."

Teammate Kazuki Nakajima was not as happy after making contact with Fernando Alonso at the start of the race.

The Japanese driver was forced to pit for repairs and eventually finished in 15th position.

"I had a bad start and we have to find the reason for that," Nakajima said. "On lap one, going into turns four and five, I was just behind Alonso, but there was a bit of a battle going on in front and I couldn't avoid him going into the corner.

"After that, I just tried to be consistent. My pace was ok, but I was behind Barrichello and it was really difficult to overtake. Eventually I made it past him and my pace improved, but it was too late."



  • Rosberg says practice vital in Valencia
  • Petrov inherits victory in Valencia
  • No comments: