Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fisichella feels young ahead of 200th GP

Fisichella feels young ahead of 200th GP

Giancarlo Fisichella says he still feels young and enjoys Formula One, despite preparing for this 200th race at next weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

The 35-year-old Italian, who is now in his 13th season in F1, will be the ninth driver to pass 200 starts, and will have climbed to fifth on the all-time list by the end of this season.

"I still feel young," said the three-time grand prix winner. "I still feel happy to work in F1, to be an F1 driver. The only problem is travelling around the world all the time, but apart from that I still enjoy it. I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

"I don't think I've changed much, but I hope I'm a better driver than when I started. I've learned quite a lot. How to manage the race, how to manage the qualifying session, and to put more attention on testing and talking with the engineers."

Fisichella also maintains that he is happy at Force India, following his move from former champion team Renault at the end of 2007.

"It was a good but difficult decision," he added. "I was moving from a top team to a new team, which in the last couple of seasons had been on the last rows.

"But so far we've done a fantastic job, we've made a big step forward, and I'm really enjoying it. It's really encouraging. We've still got a lot of work to do, but we are getting closer."



  • Happy Pedrosa vows not to relax
  • Soucek replaces injured Bakkerud
  • Turkey Saturday quotes: Toro Rosso
  • Patrese sad to lose long-standing record
  • No comments: