Thursday, November 6, 2008

Loeb to join F1 test with Red Bull

Loeb to join F1 test with Red Bull

Five-time world rally champion Sebastien Loeb will drive for Red Bull Racing in an official Formula One test at Barcelona later this month.

The Frenchman, who sealed his fifth successive title in Japan on Sunday, will have a preliminary shake down at Silverstone prior to the test in Spain.

Loeb drove Renault's F1 car in a demonstration test at Paul Ricard last year and is no stranger to circuit racing, having driven Pescarolo's LMP1 car in the Le Mans 24 Hours in 2005 and 2006.

He is looking forward to the more serious Red Bull outings, which have been arranged through his Citroen WRC team's partnership with the energy drinks firm.

"I'm absolutely delighted by this present from Red Bull to celebrate my fifth title," he said. "I already got the chance to test a Formula One car last year, but this time the circumstances will be a little different.

"I'm now going to find myself in the midst of all the regular F1 drivers during an official test. I just hope that I don't make a fool of myself!

"I'd like to clear up any speculation about me possibly switching to F1 next year, I'm definitely going to be driving a Citroen C4 WRC in the World Rally Championship."



  • Webber urges Red Bull to solve issues
  • No comments: