Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rosberg relying on rain to keep momentum

Rosberg relying on rain to keep momentum

Nico Rosberg is hoping for a wet Japanese Grand Prix in order to keep his momentum going following his podium finish in Singapore.

The Williams driver finished in second place in the Singapore event, his second podium finish of the season following his third place in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

Rosberg is aware that the Fuji circuit is unlikely to suit Williams as well as Singapore, so the German is relying on the weather to help his team.

"After our second place in Singapore, we want to go to Japan with the same momentum and continue our high," said Rosberg.

"Fuji Speedway might not be the best circuit for our car but weather could play a big part in the proceedings this weekend. Last year's race was a washout and there's a strong possibility it will rain again this year.

"If that happens, we'll have a good chance of a strong finish as our car goes well in the wet. This is Toyota's home track so I'm looking forward to driving in front of their home crowd.

Teammate Kazuki Nakajima is also looking to score points in his home race, despite racing at Fuji for the first time in three years.

"I'm really excited about my home Grand Prix and this will be the first time I've been back to Fuji for three years," said Nakajima. "It used to be my F3 team's home track so I lived in the area for a year. It feels really good to be going back, and this time I'll be driving a Formula One car so I can't wait.

"I think there will be some expectation from the fans because I'm the only Japanese driver at the moment so I'm a bit more nervous for this race. The atmosphere will be great though and I'll just do my best to relax, enjoy the weekend and hopefully bring home some points."

No comments: