Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hamilton boosted by McLaren updates

Lewis Hamilton says he has been boosted by the updates that his McLaren team have been trying out at Silverstone this week, as he rounded off his preparations for the British Grand Prix on Thursday.

The McLaren driver was evaluating a number of aerodynamic and car improvements, including a heavily revised front wing that the team hope to run at the British Grand Prix to help get Hamilton's world title bid back on track.

"Today's test was really encouraging," said Hamilton, who has failed to score points in the last two races. "The changes we've made in the last few tests have really improved the car.

"I haven't back-to-backed the new parts so I don't have a benchmark, but the car feels strong around here and I can't wait to be racing in front of my home crowd again."

Although Hamilton had a troubled time in France, failing to score a point and openly criticising the media for their coverage of him, he says the 10,000 British fans present at Silverstone today have helped lift his spirits.

"Driving into Silverstone this morning felt really cool - I couldn't believe how many fans were at the track so early in the morning; they're pretty special, the most dedicated F1 supporters in the world.

"At the start of the day I was really eager to get out on the track – this place it so super-fast that it feels amazing in an F1 car.

"At lunchtime I couldn't believe the amount of people that were waiting outside my garage – it was insane! And while I couldn't say hi to all of them, their support always gives me a special lift at this place."



  • Ecclestone: Silverstone must meet demands
  • Capirossi confident on home soil
  • Hamilton sets the pace at Silverstone
  • No comments: